Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:19:38 +0100

Am 30.10.2008 um 11:09 schrieb Nicola Pero:

There's no reason any company porting to Windows should ever choose Cocotron over us. We're more complete.
If we had the ability to integrate with Xcode, as Cocotron does

If I were a developer developing a Cocoa application on Xcode, and wanting to port it to Windows and/or GNU/Linux/Solaris/*BSD, I don't think I would cross-compile. ;-)

I would rather:

 1. install [...]
 2. install [...]
 3. install [...]
 4. add a [...]
 5. copy [...]
 6. move [...]
 7. watch [...]
 8. run [...]

Yes. Your cross-compiling buddy will be done by the time your virtual machine asks for the installation disk.

Advantages over Cocootron's cross-compiling solution:

Some reasons are valid, but you forgot there's no reason not to cross- compile GNUstep as well, i.e. to join Cocotron and GNUstep capabilities to the advantage of both.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/