Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr translations: a proposal for a better system

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr translations: a proposal for a better system
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:40:23 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Sasa Ostrouska <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Lorenzo Novaro <address@hidden> wrote:
In data martedì 30 aprile 2013 16:29:25, Sasa Ostrouska ha scritto:
[...]
> The problem with current system is to know how to be up to date with the
> variables, as they are added only in english and french .lang files.
> It is difficult to track. But for the rest from my point of view it works.

That is one of the things that a system like transifex solves easily: when a
source file is updated all variables are added other languages and translators
automatically receive an email with a link to new content.

Ok great.

I updated the sources yesterday, adding .lang files from github and discovered
that there are new variables in a lot of files as well as new files like
cron.lang and holidays.lang. The italian translation is 89% now and the system
clearly shows which new strings need translation.
I just added pt-BR and it shows that the translation is at 66% as of now.
If you want to try the system, create an account on www.transifex.com and tell
me your username so that I can assign pt-BR coordination to you.

Perfect. Will mail you the credentials.

Hi  please add saxa to your translations.

Rgds
Saxa

I will surely continue to use it.
If you would like to join the project just say it and maybe others will follow
:-)