Re: Customize and autoloaded libraries

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Customize and autoloaded libraries
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:10:31 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>> What if custom just supported a `:merge-function' (or something)
>> argument in `defcustom', which would let the declaring file deal with
>> merging when desired?  I suspect that most such merging is somewhat
>> domain-specific anyway.

I wrote something like that as an exercise; it was discussed a while
ago on the custom mailing list.  But alas...

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> but if you come up with a design I'll try to poke holes in it.

This is exactly what happened.  :)

If you are interested in the code, I can post it again.  I called it a
"diff-list" and it stored either a list of values, or two lists -- a
list of additions to the standard value, and a list of elements to
remove from the standard value.  I liked it.

It didn't get "blessed" by Per, but perhaps it still is a starting
point for other people?

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/