Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:34:55 -0400

    I'd like to (post-release) merge my tiling branch too; I don't seen any
    particularly good reason to keep it separate.

I seem to recall that code had serious flaws and that it was not clear
whether they could be fixed at all.  I don't remember the details
after all this time, but we cannot schedule installation ofn this code.