Re: RCS keyword removal

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: RCS keyword removal
Date: 13 Apr 2004 10:18:30 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> > Andre Spiegel <address@hidden> writes:
> > > A general approach might be to switch off keyword expansion for
> > > anything that is checked in to Arch.
> >
> > I'd like to do this, but have been nervous to because of my uncertainity
> > about CVS's behavior.  If people think it's safe to use `-kb' globally
>
> IIRC, -kb also implies that line-end translation is inhibited on e.g. windoze.

Right, but that's not a problem as I'm not using windows (remember, I just
want to use -kb for _my_ checkout for arch synchronization), and as the -kb
option to cvs update apparently overrides file-specific settings, it seems
necessary to use an option which preserves file-specific -kb settings on
binary files.

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!