Re: Several suggestions for image support

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Several suggestions for image support
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:12:34 -0400

      The rule I would
    > propose is the following: always use the height of the _current_ font
    > at the point of the space or newline, unless that would exceed the
    > actually available height (which normally will never fall behind the
    > ascent of the default font, unless we use text properties on the
    > newline character).

Treating spaces and newlines alike could be a good idea since
filling converts between them.

What is the "actually available height"?  I am not sure what
that phrase means.  However, the use of the current font for
either spaces or newlines seems to be a mistake, because of
the case I mentioned earlier (more than one line of small text
in a paragraph of larger text).