Re: Mark handling (Was: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Mark handling (Was: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:00:27 -0400

    You were nevertheless right: I found out that dragging the mouse to mark
    something sets transient-mark-mode to 'identity behind my back.  Even with
    emacs -q.

This is a feature.  When the user drags a region, it is highlighted
for the next command, and various commands will operate on that region.

Could you explain why this strikes you as a bug?  What is the precise
sequence of inputs that you use, and what behavior do you see?