[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: TTY Vertical divider face?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TTY Vertical divider face?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:21:49 +0900

On 6/21/05, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 6/21/05, Johan Bockgård <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > The name used for the display table slot is `vertical-divider' so
> > > I'll use that for the face too.
> >
> > FWIW, the display table slot is called `vertical-border'.
> Ack, you're right!  I guess I'll go change the face name to match...

Hmmm on the other hand, there's already a face `border', with a
different meaning (for setting the X border pixel color).

The name `vertical-border' seems slightly strange too -- the word
"border" seems to typically imply an "outer" border, dividing inside
from outside; calling the line between windows a border sounds
slightly strange to me (though it's technically correct I guess).

Maybe it would be better to keep the face-name as `vertical-divider',
and also change the name of the display-table slot to match (it's easy
to provide a backward-compatibility alias for that).

What do other people think?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]