Re: GTK file selector

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:37:24 +0900

    David> You are presumably talking about a package system like
    David> XEmacs' in the use of Emacs.  It is wishful thinking to
    David> assume that its effects on Emacs would be magically
    David> different than on XEmacs.

Exactly!  They'd be similar, and similarly beneficial.  IMHO YMMV.

Overall, your claims about the intent and usage of the XEmacs package
system are incorrect, although I'm willing to admit that some of them
bear a slight resemblence to AUCTeX reality.  I would be happy to
support my counterclaim in an appropriate venue, but as far as I know
a package system has been vetoed, so emacs-devel isn't it.  In the
meantime, I hope you will stop posting misinformation about XEmacs's
package system.  It doesn't do Emacs any good.