Re: Max-specpdl-size Bug in Emacs Lisp Interpreter?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Max-specpdl-size Bug in Emacs Lisp Interpreter?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:47:05 -0500 (CDT)

Guanpeng Xu wrote:

   I agree.  I think it would be better if this information appears not only
   in elisp manual, but also in docstring of 'max-specpdl-size' as well, if the
   increment cannot be avoided.

It _already_ appears in the docstring of `max-specpdl-size':

  You can safely use a value considerably larger than the default value,
  if that proves inconveniently small.  However, if you increase it too far,
  Emacs could run out of memory trying to make the stack bigger.

  You can customize this variable.

Sincerely,

Luc.