RE: Q on performance with 10000 faces

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Q on performance with 10000 faces
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:41:05 -0700

    Looking at the source for elp-instrument-package leads me to
    suggest:

       (elp-instrument-list
        (mapcar
         'intern
         (all-completions "." obarray 'elp-profilable-p)))

That would have to be "", not ".", I believe. In any case, "." doesn't seem
to work. elp-results shows nothing and elp-all-instrumented-list remains
nil.

I tried "", but I soon got this, so I bailed out:

  Emergency (alloc): Warning: past 75% of memory limit

Note too this message inside elp-instrument-package, which seems pertinent:
 "Instrumenting all Emacs functions would render Emacs unusable"

I guess one must have some idea of what to profile first. I was hoping to
get that idea from a profiler ;-).