Re: Sending attachments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:11:53 -0400

    I don't know about you, but I'm a lot more afraid of CC-mode's code than
    of Gnus's.  If you agree with that and following your reasoning, we
    should have kept the old c-mode.el.

CC mode stays in its own area of functionality -- it has no tendency
to spawn replacements for other parts of Emacs.  I am confident that,
if Alan thinks some new non-C-specific feature is needed for CC mode,
he will discuss the right way to develop it as a new module.

Thus, while its complexity is a problem (and will cause difficulty if
Alan disappears), it is a contained problem.