RE: Usage examples of dedicated windows and popup frames?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Usage examples of dedicated windows and popup frames?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:55:06 -0700

> My primary problem with ediff is the Ediff Control Panel;
> I find that I have to manually give it focus after almost every
> operation.

Do you mean ediff operation here?  If so, I don't see that.  As long as I
continue to hit keys in the control panel window (frame), it keeps the focus.

(This is using my own setup, with `pop-up-frames' non-nil etc.)

> I was wondering if anyone had worked out a way around this
> annoyance on click-to-focus systems like Windows

I am using Windows, but either I don't see what you see or I don't understand
what you see.

Perhaps give a recipe, if possible starting from emacs -Q, so we can be sure
what behavior you mean to describe.