Re: [Orgmode] Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:57:29 -0800

Hi Mac,

That's an interesting utility.

I have been working on an org-mode add-on for the specialized processing
of #+begin_* blocks.  Since this is very similar to the need you
expressed below, I implemented ditaa processing as one of the examples
in the initial implementation of this add-on.

If you want to grab the org-exp-block.el file from

http://github.com/eschulte/org-contrib/tree/master/org-exp-blocks.el

you can use it to export ditaa blocks to images when exporting an org
file to html.  There are instruction in the top of the elisp file,
mainly you just need to load the file, and set `ditaa-jar-path' to the
path to ditaa.jar on your system.  Then if you setup a block like the
following

#+begin_ditaa blue.png -r -S
+---------+
| cBLU    |
|    +----+
|    |cPNK|
#+end_ditaa

The ascii inside the block will be exported to an image in blue.png
passing any following options as command line options to ditaa.jar.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers -- Eric