[Orgmode] Re: Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?

From: Mac
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:14:10 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have been working on an org-mode add-on for the specialized processing
> of #+begin_* blocks.  Since this is very similar to the need you
> expressed below, I implemented ditaa processing as one of the examples
> in the initial implementation of this add-on.
>
> If you want to grab the org-exp-block.el file from
>
> http://github.com/eschulte/org-contrib/tree/master/org-exp-blocks.el
>
> you can use it to export ditaa blocks to images when exporting an org
> file to html.  There are instruction in the top of the elisp file,
> mainly you just need to load the file, and set `ditaa-jar-path' to the
> path to ditaa.jar on your system.

Thanks, that was almost exactly what I wanted, I'm trying to make three
changes though:

 * First I want to keep the ASCII-image in the original file for easy updating

 * Second, and as a result of the above, I don't automatically include a link
   to the file. I know what's being called so that's no big deal to manually add

 * Third (and here I've not yet succeded) I want to inhibit org-mode from
   exporting the now still lingering ASCII-image.

I've tried using comment blocks, but it does not work. I've just realized that
I don't have the latest org-mode installed, so I'll try again.

My current (non-working) block now looks like this:

[[file:blue.png]]

#+BEGIN_COMMENT
#+begin_ditaa blue.png -r -S
+---------+