[emacs-wiki-discuss] How to BEGIN WITH GnuEmacs in Windows?

From: Baris Eren
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How to BEGIN WITH GnuEmacs in Windows?
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:08:17 +0100

GnuEmacs in Windows
        Installation
                Where is the file .emacs?
                        In the readme of PlannerMode it is written:
Start by adding the following to your .emacs file:

  (load "planner")
                        Does .emacs also exist in Emacs for Windows?
                                If not, what is used then in Windows?
        Usage
                Saving text files
                Searching in one text file
                Searching in several text files in one directory and all
its subdirectories
                Usage of WikiMode
                        How to link to other pages
                        How are new pages saved
                        Where are new pages saved
                        Does the Wiki mode show orphan pages?
                        Does the Wiki mode support backlinks?
                        Does the Wiki mode support a "Recent Changes"
feature?
                        How can we search in the Wiki?
                                How are the search results presented?
                        Can also several directory structures be used
with the WikiMode
                        How to export all contents of the EmacsWiki to
Html
                PlannerMode
                        I don't know what does "Remember" do yet, but a
normal Wiki feature would be enough for me to remember things.