Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How to BEGIN WITH GnuEmacs in Windows?

From: Matt Dickerson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How to BEGIN WITH GnuEmacs in Windows?
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:28:16 -0500

Baris,

> GnuEmacs in Windows
>         Installation
>                 Where is the file .emacs?

  This is usually "c:/" but I would examine (getenv "HOME") to make
  sure.  I usually set up a "~/emacs/lisp" directory for all of my lisp files.
  This is largely a matter of convention.  After you decide where to put
  your files, if the directory is not in load-path, then you need to put
  add it to the list of paths that emacs looks for files.  For example:

  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacs/lisp 'append)

cheers,

Matt