[emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:34:44 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lucas,

> I released my code under V2 or later, not under V3 only. I don't think
> we should change the headers, our code will automatically be licensed
> under V2 or V3 as soon as the license is officially out, it will up to
> the users to choose which license fits best their needs.

I'm not completely sure, but I think that all official GNU projects
(which we are) will have to switch to v3 (or later) to reflect the point
of view of the FSF and GNU. Please correct me if I got it wrong.

And being the first project that releases a package explicitly with the
new license would give us some attention.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
My work on  free software is motivated by  an idealistic goal: spreading
freedom and  cooperation. I want  to encourage free software  to spread,