[emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:51:47 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Michael,

>> | Ye Wenbin (has signed papers but forgotten to change the header of
>> | those 2 files)
>> |
>> |     - emms-history.el
>> |     - emms-i18n.el
>> | [snip]
>
> It looks like the FSF either has not gotten the assignment yet, since
> it hasn't hit their master Copyrights file yet.

Hm, that's strange. In a private mail Ye told me that he has received
and sent the signed papers back to the FSF in *March*.

Anyway, according to RELEASE these steps have to be done:

,----[ RELEASE ]
| 1) Increase the version number in emms.el
| 2) Add version to debian/changelog
| 3) darcs changes > ChangeLog
| 4) Create .tar.gz
| 5) Build deb
| 6) Put the .tar.gz on the website and dupload the .deb
| 7) Update NEWS
`----

I think 1-6 can be left to forcer, but everyone should add the big
user-visible changes and feature additions he did on his own to NEWS.

And another thing: What version number should the release have? IMHO the
whole bunch of new features would justify increasing the version number
to 3.0. What do you think?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
      "OS's and GUI's come and go, only Emacs has lasting power."
          Per Abrahamsen in <address@hidden>