[emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:51:47 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Michael,

>> | Ye Wenbin (has signed papers but forgotten to change the header of
>> | those 2 files)
>> |
>> |     - emms-history.el
>> |     - emms-i18n.el
>> | [snip]
> It looks like the FSF either has not gotten the assignment yet, since
> it hasn't hit their master Copyrights file yet.

Hm, that's strange. In a private mail Ye told me that he has received
and sent the signed papers back to the FSF in *March*.

Anyway, according to RELEASE these steps have to be done:

,----[ RELEASE ]
| 1) Increase the version number in emms.el
| 2) Add version to debian/changelog
| 3) darcs changes > ChangeLog
| 4) Create .tar.gz
| 5) Build deb
| 6) Put the .tar.gz on the website and dupload the .deb
| 7) Update NEWS

I think 1-6 can be left to forcer, but everyone should add the big
user-visible changes and feature additions he did on his own to NEWS.

And another thing: What version number should the release have? IMHO the
whole bunch of new features would justify increasing the version number
to 3.0. What do you think?

      "OS's and GUI's come and go, only Emacs has lasting power."
          Per Abrahamsen in <address@hidden>