[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:49:06 +0200 (CEST)

   >> Oh, yes. On [1] they say that it will be released this
   >> Friday. So maybe we can change the preambles (replace 2 with 3
   >> should be enough, right?)  till then, replace COPYING seconds
   >> after it's publicly available and release EMMS as the first
   >> package released under the GPLv3.
   > I released my code under V2 or later, not under V3 only. I don't
   > think we should change the headers, our code will automatically
   > be licensed under V2 or V3 as soon as the license is officially
   > out, it will up to the users to choose which license fits best
   > their needs.

   If Emms has been signed off to the FSF, we are not the copyright
   holders anymore. In a strictly legal sense, it is not our
   decision. I think that the consequence is that we can't keep Emms
   GPLv2-only in any case (not that I would want to).

   So what Lucas suggests is really the only option, that is,

The FSF sent out a announcment about this just today that all GNU
projects should switch to the GPLv3 when it is released.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]