fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Using LDAP with Fle3

From: Bo Granlund
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Using LDAP with Fle3
Date: Tue Aug 13 18:51:02 2002

Hello,

> Has anyone tried creating courses from LDAP records? How about
> authenticating students or teachers using LDAP?

Authentication in Zope is ofcourse dropped back against a user folder
in a given level in the object tree. Now getting this to work with
fle3 should be trivial. You just replace the User Folder used with
LDAPUserFolder, or something, and that's that. This is unless
I'm missing something important. :)

The course thing would need some additional code. As always, this is
more of a problem from the ui perspective in my oppinion.

Do you have a need for LDAP support in fle3?

best regards,
Bo Granlund