Re: [Bulk] Re: [fluid-dev] What is the best way start fluidsynth with ze

From: Jim Henry
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [fluid-dev] What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low latency?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:37:59 -0700

The Miditzer Style 216 virtual theatre pipe organ bundles FluidSynth in its standard install. It has been downloaded over 14,000 times at Download.com. Some users use it for a MIDI player but a lot use it for real time performance. We got a lot of questions about how to lower latency. That doesn't give you a percentage but it does tell you that there are quite a few users who need low latency. One thing that helps us is that real organs have a noticeable latency too. So sometimes we just tell people to suck it up.

Jim Henry

Louis B. wrote:
Does any body have an any idea what percentage of
midi/fluid users need low latency?