[fluid-dev] two questions

From: tizo
Subject: [fluid-dev] two questions
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 17:15:27 -0300

Hi all,

I am using fluidsynth for live performance. I have two keyboards (midi controllers) connected to my laptop, and using fludsynth for the synthesis.

My OS is UbuntuStudio 8.04.2. The version of fluidsynth that came with that OS is 1.0.7 with libfluidsynth.so.1.1.1. As I wanted to set the pitch bend sensibility, I had to install (build) the latestst fluidsynth (1.0.9) with libfluidsynth.so.1.1.3. I am really satisfied with the new version, except for one thing:

 - It seems like aftertouch was not implemented in version 1.0.7, as it is in version 1.0.9. Sadly, is too sensitive for me, and I couldn't find a way to deactivate it. Can I do that?

 - The other question: is there a way to tranpose a channel?. For example, if a C central note is played, I would like that it sounds an octave up or down.

Of course, I could do that with my midi controlles, but I am using a script to pass commands to fluidsynth, so I can do several things (like change sounds for both channels, adjusts volumes for them, etc) just pressing one key (in the computer keyboard). So I would like to control transportation with a fluidsynth command too.

I have also tried channel coarse tunning, but adjusting that an octave down or up, it makes the sound really awful (I don't know why, I am not a soundfont expert).

Thanks in advanced,

tizo