freeride-devel

[FR-devel] The current status of the FreeRIDE

From: NISHIO Mizuho
Subject: [FR-devel] The current status of the FreeRIDE
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:21:39 +0900

Because I have some spare time, now I am trying to port rbbr.rb
(Ruby/GTK Class Browser, which is included in Ruby/GTK tar.gz)
to FreeRIDE and make the wrapper of
YARD(Yet Another Ruby Debugger. See RAA).

In this ML, it seems that FOX is used for the first release of
the FreeRIDE. According to this policy, FXRuby/FXScintilla is being
deveolped. But, Vruz forked Rouge Project in Wiki Page and Rouge-ML.

So, I have a question. The first release of FreeRIDE is developed
by using FOX, or is not released until the framework of Rouge Project
is provided? If FreeRIDE adopts FOX, I will use it as the GUI of
rbbr.rb and the wrapper of YARD. Otherwise, I want to know the summary
of the current status of the Rouge project(Though I get the past
mails of Rouge-ML, it is difficult for me to read them.
They are too many. ;-) )

P.S.
In my opinion, the cross-platform, lightweight, and intenationalized
Ruby's GUI library is definitely needed. But, we should continue to
develop the prototype of the FreeRIDE even if we don't have
Rouge's framework.

NISHIO Mizuho
e-mail address@hidden