freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] Status of plugin failure handling, logging, property valu

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Status of plugin failure handling, logging, property values.
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:04:35 +0100

Rich Kilmer wrote:
Team,

I finished in the abilty for FreeBASE to handle failed plugin
load/starts gracefully.  If a plugin fails to load (because of a failed
require statement like ripper.rb ;-) it will perform a
transition_failure.  If this happens, the Configuration object will
remove it from the load list, and all plugins that are dependent on it
(cascading to other dependencies).  It will also remove those same
plugins from the start list (since you cannot start if you did not
load).  It will report whatever exception occurs to the log file (full
stack trace) for dubugging.

FR starts ok but I have the following in the text console:

Failing to start: Logger

Logger is not started but I couldn't figure out why.

Also on my machine selecting File->Exit displays the msg "Shutdown in 1 sec..." as usual but it doesn't shutdown at all. A second File->Exit does it ?! Same problem any one?

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team