freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] Not to create more work...but...

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Not to create more work...but...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:18:07 -0500

...and I wrote a generator script that is in FreeRIDE last fall (prior
to FXScintilla).  That is what we use right now.  Mine takes into
account things like boolean conversion (which yours does as well),
method naming "the ruby way" (i.e. methods that return boolean end in ?)
and single pass return of text.  I ported the scintilla setup code
(based on paramaterized .properties) from SciTE and built the higher
level constructs like Colours, Styles, etc.  I also wrote  a higher
level API on top of this and a basic autoindent capability (based on
Ruby syntax).  Since FreeRIDE is right now the major user of the
Scintilla control under FXRuby we should likely take this on and supply
it to Lyle.

I don't want to duplicate effort.  Laurent...do you want to do this?
What I had said in my original message was there are new constructs
(enum, etc) that are not handled in my code and may be able to built
into some type of Ruby structure (inner module/class).  Anyway, let me
know what you want to do.

Its interesting.  Its this work on wrapping Scintilla that convinced
Curt that a Ruby IDE was possible :-)

Thanks,

-rich