Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:28:06 +0200

> And which of the current devs of Glob2 uses windows (and thus mingw) for
> developing?? It would be a nightmare.

I can't test how good/bad git is on windows with cygwin or mingw.
I don't have windows.  I read that it is slow on windows and that there
might be problems with case sensitivity.

We'll only know whether this is horrible when someone tries it.
"Slow" can mean a lot.  Could mean not as fast as the other scms
but ok.  And case insenstivity does probably mean that the file
clashs will happen when we use something like "Config" and "config"
in the same directory.

The conversion from cvs to git went almost well.
1. There is a typo on that page.
2. I have some branches in the git directory, but not alpha22-rc or
   alpha22.

The other conversion utilities that I tried produced only the main
branch.
--
Kai Antweiler