Re[4]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performanc

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[4]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance problem)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:34:16 +0200

Hello zou,

zl> Oh, you defined the onLoad and onUnload inside the definition, then
zl> I'm sure B.onLoad() will not be called.  Since the first frame actions
zl> won't be executed for B...  Define a onLoad in the PlaceObject2 tag
zl> please.

No sure what you mean with onClipLoad, but assigning

  onClipEvent(load) {
        trace("instance A loaded");
  }

to the single *instances* I get:

instance A loaded
_level0.A created in frame 3
_level0.A removed in frame 14
instance C loaded
_level0.C created in frame 14
_level0.C removed in frame 1

instance A loaded
_level0.A created in frame 3
_level0.A removed in frame 14
instance C loaded
_level0.C created in frame 14
_level0.C removed in frame 1

Again, no message from "B".

Double check: Removing the "gotoAndPlay" gives me life signs from "B".

BTW, me as a Flash developer would not *expect* that anything is done
by or to instance "B" when jumping over it.

Am I missing something?

Udo