Re: [Gnash-dev] Saved media not quite right

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Saved media not quite right
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:19:50 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, John Gilmore wrote:

Perhaps we should pass our
swfdec-inspired decoding hacks upstream to the gstreamer folks, if
they don't have the equivalent by now.

The "hacks" are in the Gnash FLV parser, not the decoders (and I don't
understand how swfdec is involved; they were inspired by FLVs with new
codec IDs floating around the internet). The new codec IDs are all
documented in Adobe's FLV spec now.

So far as I can see, both ffmpeg and gstreamer now have the new codec
IDs in their parsers (at least in their development repos). The wait is
just for distros to update.

Bastiaan