[Gnewsense-dev] Re: linux-image-2.6.32.1-libre-lemote and -2.6.31.8-libr

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: linux-image-2.6.32.1-libre-lemote and -2.6.31.8-libre2-lemote
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:47:38 -0500

Wu Zhangjin wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:19 -0500, Daniel Clark wrote:
>> Daniel Clark wrote:
>>> Woo-hoo, working wifi! :-)
>> Seems to be some problems after coming back from hibernate (suspend is
>> fine, but then suspend doesn't seem to actually suspend all that much
>> judging from the fan still running).
>
> Hmm, Sorry, Just found I need to touch the hwmon subdriver to fix this
> problem(fogot to ensure all of the source code follow the hwmon
> interface after the last commit!). A new commit is applied into the
> linux-loongson/2.6.32/stable branch. Thanks!

Sorry for being dense (and too tired to take a look at git at the
moment), but is this a fix for (a) wifi not coming back after hibernate,
(b) suspend not really suspending (fan keeps running etc), or (c) both?

>> I'm investigating, but if others
>> have time tonight this would be a good thing to look at; I'm guessing
>> the pm scripts just need to be tweaked somehow.
>>

> There is no problem with the pm script ;)

By this (yay no playing with pm scripts), I'm guessing the answer to the
above is (a) wifi not coming back after hibernate, which would be
preferable from my point of view since hibernate works fine and seems
about as speedy as suspend is on my thinkpad x61s.

Good night and good luck,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny