Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:47:13 -0700

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 05:59:13PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

>  (2) Interaction with shell completion -- bash won't complete past an
>      `=' (because it tries to support variable assignment completion),
>      unless you prefix it with a backslash [with other special
>      characters, bash will actually fill in the backslash for you, so
>      they don't appear to be an issue].  I think bash can be fixed to
>      get past this (see tez's branch of bash*).

Zsh does something even more interesting.  When the completion is the
beginning of a word, it searches for the text in the path.

  $ echo =ls
  /bin/ls

Fortunately, it will complete ./= 'tab', or \{arch\}/= 'tab'.  You can
do {arch}/ and hit tab, but it won't complete the {arch} until you do
the close brace.  Once you hit tab, it turns {arch}/ into \{arch\}/.

Dave