Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular [was: Re-linking t

From: Scott Bronson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular [was: Re-linking to revlib implemented]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:34:45 -0800

Personally, I could really use a way to hide obsolete branches.  Often I
won't make a branch simply because, if I did make one every time I had
the urge, in 6 months I'd end up with 30 useless branches cluttering up
the output of tla rbrowse.  It's easier in the longer term just to
cherry pick a bit.

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 08:15, James Blackwell wrote:
> I can set up rbrowse to not display sealed branches by default. This gives
> people the ability to "hide" branches in a way that makes sense from an
> arch standpoint.

Yes, this would be excellent if there were also a way to seal a branch
and NOT hide it.

For example, assume a myproj--bigbug--1.0 branch which has been merged
into myproj--mainline--1.0 and sealed.  I no longer want to see it --
it's only useful when looking back through time.

I also have a myproj--release--1.0 tree, which is tagged onto portions
of myproj--mainline--1.0 and has also been sealed.  I want to rbrowse to
show this tree forever -- it's always useful.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion of how to go about this
without introducing cruft.  :)

    - Scott