Re: Common merge request format (was: [Gnu-arch-users] Preferences for b

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: Common merge request format (was: [Gnu-arch-users] Preferences for branching in merge submissions?)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:54:42 +0100

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 06:11:26PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > OK, I admit, I picked the wrong filetype. It seems .aexpk is the right one.
> Still not seeing what this is supposed to accomplish...

In the absence of a global authoritative keyserver, it is a convenient way
to transmit a public key. I wouldn't have thought of it if jblack hadn't
asked me for a keyserver name and key ID so he could look up my public key.
What a rigmarole! Let's just insert headers pointing to a direct download for
our keys. Much simpler!