Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the state of the union
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:08:10 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Juliusz Chroboczek <address@hidden>

    > >     > Could you confirm my impression that you haven't seriously looked
at
    > >     > darcs yet?

    > > I'll say "yes" although "I've looked at it selectively" is a more
    > > accurate answer.

    > I'd like to encourage you to play with it for a while.  It contains
    > some pretty interesting ideas.

I've never doubted that and, once upon a time, was more familiar with
it than I am at the moment.

The thing is: none of those ideas (that I found, perhaps I missed
something) looked either earthshaking or unadapatable to arch.  (Some
of them looked bad, but that's another story).  Meanwhile, some stuff
was sorely missing.  My conclusion was that if any of those ideas
really do prove to be important, that there would be relatively little
difficulty in finding and implementing the arch analogy of them.