[Gnu-arch-users] Re: the state of the union

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the state of the union
Date: 25 Aug 2004 18:33:43 -0400

> Because of the fact that I can't do so without either distcleaning or
> changing the tagging-method? Changing the default tagging-method is,
> BTW, hardly trivial.

Assuming you use explicit ids and/or taglines (and never names), you can use:

        untagged-source junk

to get mostly-cvs-like behavior where files are assumed by default to not be
under Arch's control unless you `tla add' them or you add some tagline
in them.  Of course, you might still have to deal with spurious taglines
appearing in some files (e.g. taglines carried over from Makefile.in
to Makefile).

        Stefan