Re: [Gnu-arch-users] No release forthcoming

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] No release forthcoming
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:21:33 -0400

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:18:53AM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Tom's right to take some time off.  Arch may be emotionless
> software, but the Arch Project is people, and I think we all could
> use some time to cool down and re-think things.

Well said.

As a relative outsider reading the list traffic in the past month:
I've seen a lot of good stuff happen, but apparently, that's all gone
now.  I've seen good design discussions end in name-calling and thinly-
veiled or plain obvious insults.  I don't think that gets us anywhere.

Tantrums, flamebait, trolling, flaming... not as productive as getting
more development done, or getting the next release out the door.

I could give words of wisdom here, but I'd be talking out my arse, cos
I don't exactly have a lot of experience here.  I just think a little
more patience, restraint, and understanding would help.