Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch funding models, again

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch funding models, again
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:23:00 -0400

Was this Robert Green?

Robert Green wrote:
> Obviously there are other problems here, but my point was, we don't appear
> to have a reliable gnu arch maintainer any more, which is what some users
> would like to see. _One_ way of fixing that - in fantasy land! ;) - would be
> to pay someone to do it full-time. (Of course paying people doesn't
> _guarantee_ that they will perform as required, but most people don't get
> away with not doing with what they're supposed to for very long in the
> wage-labour system, for very obvious reasons.)

Ok. Why don't you draw up a list of people that meet the following
creditials (all three of these are more tricky than they appear)

 * Sufficient experience to build release candidates

 * Willing to actually *perform* the work

 * Willing to step away from their current occupations and accept
   funding for full time work.

As of this writing, I know of no people that meet all three
requirements.