Re: [Gnu-arch-users] No release forthcoming

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] No release forthcoming
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:18:53 -0400

I'm really disappointed that things have gone this way.  I would have
liked it if Tom and James could get along this way, and work together.
To have 1.2.2 come to a screeching halt when it's almost ready to
release is frustrating.

Tom's right to take some time off.  Arch may be emotionless software,
but the Arch Project is people, and I think we all could use some time
to cool down and re-think things.

This is the part where I'd like to thank James for all his work on
1.2.2, but I can't, because my lying circuits are all out of commission
James, if you'd said, "I'm done." that's what I'd be saying here.
That's what I'd like to be saying.  But when you ask us to destroy any
copies of your work, you're asking us to destroy the product of all of
our work, not just yours.  I can't thank you for wasting my time and
everyone else's.  And no, I don't intend to destroy my mirrors of your
archives.  They represent a collective effort that's bigger than you,
including testing, coding, updating old patches...

Tom, stop calling people names, even if you think they really deserve
it.  A leader is supposed to be above that sort of thing.  It's
unseemly, and it lends a bad spirit to the community.

Aaron