Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch funding models, again

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch funding models, again
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:30:48 +0100

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 10:00:13AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> So, my proposal (impractical though it may be) would be to "fork" tla in a
> way, basically just renaming it to something like taca -- "The Arch
> Community's Arch".

I'd vote for that (the idea, not necessarily the name). If what Scott says is
true, it sounds like Tom's been given enough chances in the past, and he just
isn't going to be a reliable maintainer.

> Funniest thing is, I'm pretty happy with the current tla feature set -- I'm
> running 1.2-4 from Debian and am quite happy with it.

That's probably because you haven't hit any serious issues. Doesn't mean you
won't do in future though. That's why we should be concerned about arch going
unmaintained. It could bite us all in the ass later on down the road.
(Fortunately though the design of arch, and the practice of mirroring, should
make significant information loss unlikely.)

--
Robin

Weblog: http://lrp.greenrd.org/