Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:39:29 -0400

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> * Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> [Sep 27, 2004 23:00]:
>
>> > I vote for this too.
>
>> I don't.
>
> I agree, see http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>       nikolai

Opinion pieces shouldn't be used as references. That's a logical
fallacy. Of course, I can't remember the name of it.

First, by way of error of locality (He only claims experience with the
mailer he uses), the author creates a fallacy of interrogation ("Any
reasonable, mondern mailer provides this feature").  He then follows up
on this with affirmation of the consequent.

Then again, he also appears to have committed argumentum ad verecundiam.
He lists neither references, nor establishes his experience.

But he committed an even more severe logical flaw than all of these
combined. Can you spot it?