Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to l

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:03:10 -0500

Andrew Suffield wrote:

Actually that's the single *worst* result I have ever
encountered. Then you get one personal copy, and *no* list copies, so
no copy winds up in the list folder and there's not a damn thing you
can do about it (you receive no mails which contain enough information
to file them properly). Thread history is completely messed up.

Actually, I have mine set to Yes, and I don't seem to have the catastrophic disaster that you seem to state.

My mailer (Thunderbird) seems to handle things coming into my inbox, and then me manually moving it into the list folder.

Also, if someone does "reply-all" then there still would be a 'gnu-arch-users' in the To or CC fields.

I use the current procmail filter:
:0
* ^(To|Cc).*gnu-arch-users
lists/gnu-arch-users

And it seems to catch everything just fine. I probably could just do:
:0
* gnu-arch-users
lists/gnu-arch-users

But, my sorting works for now, so I'm not really planning on changing it.

Now, I still would prefer if gau set itself in the Reply-To so that the default reply goes to list.

John
=:->