[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-level is specified
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:33:42 +0900

Stig Brautaset <address@hidden> writes:
> It would be nice if sync-tree worked like replay and only copied the
> patch logs added for the specified revision when a full revision is
> specified.
>
> At the moment it adds all patch logs present at the specified revision.
> This is inconsistent with the way replay works, and, IMHO, it would be
> an improvement to sync-tree if it was changed.

That's sufficiently different behavior that I think it's an
inappropriate change:  sync-tree currently means `make my patch logs be
in sync up to this point'; your suggested change would make it mean
something entirely different.

Both operations are potentially useful, but I think somebody else's
suggestion of a `--patch-logs-only' option to replay is a better way to
implement what you want.

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products