[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-level is specified
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:08:18 +0900

Stig Brautaset <address@hidden> writes:
>> Both operations are potentially useful, but I think somebody else's
>> suggestion of a `--patch-logs-only' option to replay is a better way
>> to implement what you want.
>
> Yes, I like that better too. I actually think that this was mentioned on
> the list some time ago, but I had forgotten about it until now.

As I recall, discussion stalled upon some fairly absurd detail, like
what the option should be called...

I'd suggest:  --patch-logs-only and --no-patch-logs
(a nuance of this is that anything else in {arch} besides patch-logs are
considered "non-patch-logs")

As briefly discussed with Aaron earlier today, this feature actually
makes sense for both mkpatch and dopatch, and users thereof.

Then as Aaron pointed out, maybe `sync-tree' could be actually just do
`update --patch-logs-only'...  [etc.]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche