[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] sync-tree should work like replay when patch-level is specified
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:29 +0900

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
>> Both operations are potentially useful, but I think somebody else's
>> suggestion of a `--patch-logs-only' option to replay is a better way to
>> implement what you want.
>
> Or maybe as an option to apply-delta, since it can simulate replay and
> undo.  (sync-tree is like undo with logs only)

Maybe that'd be useful too, but certainly not as a replacement for
replay (which is both more convenient and far lighter-weight in this
case)!

I mean it seems that --patch-logs-only and --no-patch-logs are really a
change to `dopatch', and various front-ends that (effectly) use that
should parse and pass-through these options.

-Miles
--
Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose   --Janis Joplin