Re: [Gnu-arch-users] mirroring concepts/practice help

From: Kevin Geiss
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] mirroring concepts/practice help
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:32:22 -0700

On Feb 2, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Kevin Geiss wrote:

On Feb 2, 2005, at 1:06 PM, Aaron Bentley wrote:

$FOO is an archive you can get from.  It may or may not be a mirror.
If $FOO is a mirror, $FOO-SOURCE is the upstream archive that you'll use to update $FOO. If you want to create a remote mirror, $FOO-MIRROR is the remote mirror, and $FOO is the archive you'll use to update $FOO-MIRROR.

Thanks! the -SOURCE part was what I was missing.

wait, I'm running into a problem still. I'm on my laptop, I want to 'pull' from my archive at desertsol.com to a local mirror on my laptop:

7:14AM0quasar>tla archive-mirror address@hidden address@hidden
arch_archive_connect: attempt to connect to wrong mirror
  archive: address@hidden
  wanted mirror of: address@hidden
  got mirror of: address@hidden
7:23AM1quasar>tla archives
address@hidden
    /Users/kevin/arch/2005-home-MIRROR
address@hidden
    sftp://desertsol.com/data/archives/2005-home

I'm sure if I temporarily registered sftp://desertsol.com/data/archives/2005-home with its true name (address@hidden) and the local mirror with the name address@hidden it would work, but then I would need to un-register them, and register the local mirror with the name address@hidden to be able to do anything with it. I'd rather register them once. what am I missing now?