[Gnu-arch-users] Re: feature request(?): file-history command.

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: feature request(?): file-history command.
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:47:50 +0200

Paul Pelzl <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be nice to see this functionality integrated with native
> commands.  In the meantime, a small script works pretty well for me:

Thanks. I've also installed fai that works pretty well for this.
However ...

> #!/bin/bash
> # Usage: baz-file-history FILE
> # List all fully-qualified revisions that touch FILE.
>
> for lv in `baz log-versions`; do
>    for pl in `baz logs -f $lv`; do
>       if `baz cat-log $pl | grep -F -q $1`; then

... any non-native implementation has to call baz/tla commands inside
a loop. Performance would be dramatically improved by a native
implementation. (this would be much worse with cat-archive-log that
would have to initiate n connections to the server)

>          echo $pl
>       fi
>    done
> done