Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: feature request(?): file-history command.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: feature request(?): file-history command.
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:52:13 -0400

> You may apt-get axp-0.2.0, and use "axp annotate -l 10-24 foo.c".
> Please tell me what options do you miss, like --hide-unannotated-lines.

Does it show the hunks and trace through them to show not just the last hunk
that touched the lines but also the one before that?

The problem I usually have with `annotate' is that it suffers from a horizon
problem (if you reindent the relevant function, annotate won't tell you
about the earlier changes you're looking for, so you have to re-run it,
specifying a different time-point), and that under Arch it is very expensive
resourcewise, whereas my suggested command could be done without the need of
a (well-populated) revlib (though a archive cache or mirror helps).

I.e. it works too hard to give me something that's not quite what I want.

        Stefan