Re: [Gnu-arch-users] feature request(?): file-history command.

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] feature request(?): file-history command.
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 01:27:17 +0000

On 13 May 2005 17:21:35 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> >On 12 May 2005 11:08:37 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> >
> >>Fai has a couple of advantages:
>
> >arch-perl (and its frontends) has additional ones:
>
> >3. tracks the history of both files and directories (correctly)
>
> Could you give me an example of how Fai fails to track the history
> correctly?

I didn't speak about fai, but actually confirmed your reply about the
original shell script being incorrect. I am sure fai is pretty correct
compared to that script. Didn't really try it, should fix the python
install first.

Does fai support directory history? Renames of container directories?
Missing headers in import logs? It didn't when I browsed the pylon source
some months ago (i.e. when we last discussed it).

> >   support for ~/.arch-cache (if present) will be added shortly too
>
> Pylon already supports the Arch Cache, but does not assume that the user
> has configured it for ~/.arch-cache.

This support is implemented now. As expected, arch-perl does not assume
any location, but correctly parses the output of "cache-config" command.
However this command is plain buggy in all released baz versions, it does
not print anything on standard output, but dumps everything on stderr.
Until baz fixes this bug, a workaround is added (using =arch-cache file).

Regards,
Mikhael.