Re: License to use

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: License to use
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:10:15 +0100 (CET)

MJ Ray wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > Anyhow you can work on your own Git tree and show us the code, if you want,
> > and talk about it again.  However note there are tasks a lot more important
> > than that.
>
> No, I can't, because the code is under the adware Affero licence
> instead of something nicer like GPL.  While I'm happy to comment, I
> view the site development as as closed as itprofessionals or ecademy.

IMHO the AGPLv3 to which will upgrade will be a lot better license thant
the current Affero GPL v1.

Upgrading to AGPLv3 has been already proposed and planed.

IMHO AGPLv3 will be the best license to develop a Free Software _webapp_,
to avoid fork and lock of the project the project. Anyway, when the GNU
Herds project we strong, with a lot of users and offers every day, we
could relicense to GPLv3 if it is acctually wanted.

That is my personal proposal. IMHO avoid the fork and lock is key.

Davi