Re: Gobuntu listed at gnuherds.org

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Gobuntu listed at gnuherds.org
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:21:24 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > Gobuntu has been added as example to the classification list at
> > http://gnuherds.org/faq#FS_criteria
> >
> >   "Gobuntu is Free Software because its policy is to
> >    adhere to the Free Software Foundations four freedoms."
>
> I would consider Gobuntu no freeer then debian, just for the record.

Thanks!. It was reported too by MJ,
ref.: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-10/msg00146.html

We hope that it is now fixed:

  Debian  is Almost-Free Software because it is a general term
   which refer to Debian GNU/Linux and all others Debian ports.
   Besides, the Debian organization offers the download of some
   Non-Free Software packages.

  Gobuntu  is Almost-Free Software because although its policy
   is to adhere to the Free Software Foundations four freedoms,
   it includes at present non-free software in Firefox, which
   also auto-installs non-free software.

 Ref.: http://gnuherds.org/faq#FS_criteria

As usual, flames are needed to improve!